In its General Assembly of 17th of June 2021, members of AICV agreed upon a commitment on the provision of the energy value and list of ingredients on cider and fruit wine, as well as a number of specific principles and rules of implementation of these commitments. With that, AICV advocates for an ambitious self-regulatory approach that takes into account consumer information needs as well as sector specific aspects.
Concretely, signatories of this MoU commit to:
- Provide nutritional information per 100ml with the energy value in kJ/kcal on-label, while other nutritional information is optional and can be provided on-line
- Provide ingredient labelling, where ingredients must be listed in descending order of weight as recorded at the time of manufacturing following the provisions of regulation 1169/2011. This information will be made available either on-label, or on-line with on-label easy reference.
Signatories will support producers to meet the target dates to achieve market share (by volume) set out in this MoU:
- 50% of market to include the above by June 2022
- 65% of market to include the above by June 2023
- 80% of market to include the above by June 2024